Saturday, April 15, 2006

I Wish I Was This Smart

The clueless RIAA has a new brainstorm: It's not so much illegal downloads that's stealing all their business but all the recording onto blank CDs that's stealing all their business. Read about the RIAA Rocket Science Festival here.

Ok, so this is just stupid. The RIAA is an organization that specializes in entrenched idiocy. But that's not what this blog is about. It's about a brilliant comment by a user on the above-quoted article that perfectly summarizes the absurdity of what the RIAA is doing. I quote him below. Sheer genius:
Apparently another 22% of music is shared by people having their stereos up too loud, perhaps they will be clamping down on this, and making everyone wear headphones, so only the people that paid for the music can hear it.

Obviously RIAA are idiots, so perhaps I can try to sell them my new device, it's a audio in-ear decrpytion device. The music is played through your loudspeakers as white-noise, and only the person with the correct PGP key can listen to it through their ears, as it's decoded realtime, in-ear..

I will sell the RIAA this technology for a very reasonable $1,000,000